Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sprinkles Cupcakes


Sprinkles Cupcakes just opened up in Georgetown. This is very close to my work so a couple coworkers walked there and brought back some cupcakes. They have only one vegan option, which is the vegan red velvet.

The frosting was a light cream cheese flavor and there was a fair amount on the cake, although I can always have more frosting. The cupcake itself is a nice size. The top part of the cupcake was disproportionately bigger than the bottom part. I guess this means a larger area to cover with frosting :)

The cake part was pretty good. It was not too light or too dense and it was VERY moist. The cake was a bit meal-y tasting but in a good way (reminded me of childhood). I recommend at least trying it. At $3.50 a cupcake, it's a pretty good price for a nice sized cupcake. AND if anything, better to give them business than stupid Georgetown cupcakes (I went into G-town cupcakes once to ask if they had vegan options and the girl there was short with me and immediately and unsympathetically replied no!). I believe a true bakery can make and accommodate all dietary needs. Thank you, Sprinkles! Now to get you guys to offer more flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment